Trans Tasman: Disciplines decided for Development TeamNovember 5, 2019
WORLD CHAMPION AUSSIES CROWNEDDecember 2, 2019
Here’s your chance to bowl and bask in Fiji
The Suva Bowling Club is on the beautiful island
of Viti Levu in Fiji situated along the waterfront
of Central Suva. The Suva Bowling Club hosts a South Pacific Bowling Carnival every year (see p15) welcoming bowlers from all over the Pacific for a week of bowling competition and a lot of fun. With
a restaurant and bar available, hotels just walking distance from the club, it’s a holiday with a bit of bowls and fun is thrown in for you. Come on Aussie bowlers, Fiji awaits you!
Fun facts about Fiji:
- The first colonial capital of Fiji, Levuka, symbolises a period of influence on the country’s development, deemed so significant to the region, that this quaint little port town and her buildings were proudly protected under UNESCO World Heritage listing in 2013.
- Fruit and vegetable markets, overflowing with produce, curio and handicraft vendors, Indian merchandise and speciality gifts abound here. You might find yourself in a bargaining session over price – it’s all part of the experience, so go ahead and enter into the spirit of it.
- Castaway with Tom Hanks, The Blue Lagoon with Brooke Shields and Anaconda: The Hunt for the Blood Orchid were filmed in Fiji.
- Fiji has blue-green lagoons, lush rainforests, pine forests, mountains and 1,666 kilometres of white sand beaches spread over 330 islands scattered across 1,290,000 square kilometres of ocean.
- Fiji is free from malaria, yellow fever and major tropical diseases.